[AIP-8] Increase AUSD utility by providing access to high-leveraged AVs

Since the AIP-8.1 has passed (Snapshot)

AIP-8.2 will soon be put up for the community to vote on for the allocation ratio:

Below are the ratios planned to be put up for voting.

Option1: $1.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation (same as xALPACA)

Option2: $1.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option3: $2.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option4: $2.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option5: $3.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation.

Please comments below if you would like to see other options.

3 Likes

What about $0.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for 1 allocation? And also change the xALPACA’s allocation at same time.
We can see that the new 8x vaults are all below 3 million dollars, so maybe we can loose the limits, and get more deposit money.

1 Like

I would like to see 4$ and 5$ also. I’m in favor of higher ratios.

2 Likes

It seems that the favored value was 3$ so i think it may be a good idea to add at least a 4$ option

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. We will go with the following voting options.

Option1: $1.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation (same as xALPACA)

Option2: $1.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option3: $2.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option4: $2.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation

Option5: $3.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation.

Option6. $3.5 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation.

Option7. $4.0 worth of AUSD3EPS locked for $1 allocation.

3 Likes

Voting for AIP-8.2 is now live on Snapshot. You will have until 7am UTC Thursday June23rd to vote.

https://snapshot.org/#/alpacafinance.eth/proposal/0x388adc3eecab51a667fc6e972fc28a99cf3f04dbc24945e4369a5ebd9d07a8c6

2 Likes

I see I am too late here, but I would like to second this idea if this comes up for revision. A 1 to 1 allocation means no one can truly get a 8X vault. You need to deposit a whole bunch of AUSD or Alpaca to get an allocation to 8X. But even at a 1 to 1 ratio of AUSD to allocation, that means you are effectively getting only 4X, because you can only put half your money in the 8X vault. Now it is true you get a little return from the AUSD, but it isn’t the same as putting it in the vault. If you go any more than 1 to 1, then it is even worse - you are incentivizing people to just use the public vaults instead, since leverage would be less the more AUSD you have to deposit to get a ticket to the leveraged vault dance. So something like $0.5 AUSD to $1 allocation makes a lot more sense. You still incentivize AUSD holding, but the leveraged vaults aren’t “diluted” by the requirement to deposit AUSD to open the door. I guess it is too late now, but we need to be ready to adjust with another vote if the AV’s don’t fill up. And I would urge everyone to vote for 1 to 1 for now, as that seems to be the best choice to accomplish both goals of supporting AUSD AND giving AUSD and xAlpaca HODLers the benefit of private vaults.