Summary: Deposit a portion of liquidation treasury funds into Alpaca lending pools while waiting to be used for buyback
Motivation / Rationale: Liquidation treasury can build up to high value after a big market move, such as now. (mostly in stablecoins) sitting in the liquidation treasury. By depositing a portion of them in the lending pools, liquidation treasury can earn roughly $70 per day (using the current APRs for each stablecoin), and increase the TVL of our protocol by almost $1 million.
This proposal does not require any development effort, while providing a small increase in TVL and daily income to grow the liquidation treasury. It will also marginally reduce interest rates especially for low liquidity coins like USDC, which may also encourage more LYF users, further increasing TVL.
This strategy incurs small additional risks vs. just holding the fund. If bad debt occurs in the lending pools, the principle for buyback will be reduced.
- Deposit all stablecoins in liquidation wallet (minus the required amount for current’s week buyback) into the lending pools
- Stake ibTokens for ALPACA rewards which will be used for additional burn
- Withdraw the necessary amount for buybacks at the end of each week
- At the end of each week, withdraw the necessary amount for the planned buyback of the following week, taking into account leftover stablecoins or new liquidation funds in the treasury. If there is a surplus, deposit the surplus stable coins into the lending pools and stake the ib tokens.
- The same can be done with crypto such as BNB, ETH and BTC if the market picks up again and shorts are liquidated
This proposal will be a simple YES or NO vote.
YES would start implementing the plan above while NO would keep the fund in the liquidation treasury as is.