[Discussion] Paid Marketing Budget for Alperp and AF2.0

Background:

In order to grow the user base ofAF2.0 and Alperp, we have been working with influencers and communities to help promote our products. The rewards programs, in and of themselves, are the biggest marketing efforts, but below includes some of the additional marketing we did:

1. BNB Chain
  2. Open Ocean
  3. Space ID
  4. Moonaco Podcast
  5. Hacken

While these channels have helped promote us for free given the past relationships and the reputation of Alpaca Finance, many high-quality marketing channels are exclusively paid channels. With that in mind, we seek to expand our marketing efforts to take advantage of these paid channels.

Implementation:

We are proposing a budget of 175,000 ALPACA (~$35K USD) to help with marketing of the two new products. We propose that the budget is funded from the unused Feb’s emissions. The amount proposed is ~50% of the Feb’s emissions.

The budget will be used for paid marketing channels which include:

• Group/KOL AMAs
  • Trading Groups
  • Paid tweets from KOLs

We will only use the budget as required and on channels we believe provide the best return on the $ spent. Feel free to give your thoughts and opinions below.

9 Likes

Nice to see other marketing options are being discussed.
I just want to point out that if the upcoming voting on AIP-21 goes towards option 3.2, the proposed funds will not be available at all. So maybe Warchest as a backup option? Or a marketing fund being set aside by using a fraction of irregular burn sources?

I support using funds to market AF2.0 and Alperp.

I also suggest that we start discussing reserving funds to market AVv3. AVv3 will be a milestone for Alpaca and warrants a significant marketing effort. The value proposition of AVv3 is also much easier to communicate to the general public than AF2.0 and Alperp. Everyone knows about yield aggregators and everyone sees that they do not exist for v3 pools.

Warchest as backup option.

We will market AVv3 but they are still some time away. We recently calculated LTV and Conversion Rate for AVv1-AVv2 and this data will inform our paid marketing strategy for AVv3.

2 Likes

Thanks, that is great to hear!

I suggest to stop burning and collect income as a reserve, otherwise we will have no funds to promote or Incentives cross-chain or new products in the future

2 Likes

A few well positioned tweets will help…

Also i think we should have a refreshed landing page or similar to pitch the entire Alpaca ecosystem, not just features…

There’s so much trash like PEPE, WAGMI etc that i think we need to compete for people’s attention and get them on our web channels

1 Like