Open the alpaca 3 times loan

1、Binance has already opened short selling. Compared with the exchange volume and on-chain trading volume, the opening of short selling on Alpaca will not unduly affect the market.

2、If open shorting increases the volatility of alpaca, it will actually attract more people to trade alpaca, which not only increases the popularity of alpaca, and these extra trading volumes will also provide more profits for alpaca-busd lp .

3、Going short will lower the price in the short term, but in the long run, borrowing alpaca to go short is actually bullish, because he needs to pay interest continuously, and the interest is bought into alpaca, that is to say, he must keep buying alpaca, and when he closes the short, it is Those who need to buy alpaca to repay the loan, this buying and selling actually has no effect on the price in the long run, but instead pays the interest to buy the alpaca.

4、3x borrowing alpaca can attract more people to farm, provide better depth and liquidity for alpaca, and provide higher interest for alpaca without lock-up.

5、Even if the price falls in the short term, more alpaca can be repurchased and burned. The current price of alpaca has little effect on the protocol. Most token holders are long-term investors. What we value is the next bull market, and the current price fluctuations Don’t care so much, opening 3x now will pave the way for the next bull market, and get rich together in the next bull market.

1、币安已经开放了做空,按交易所成交量和链上交易量相比,在羊驼开放做空并不会过度影响市场。

2、如果开放做空增加了羊驼的波动率,其实也会吸引更多的人来交易羊驼,既增加了羊驼的知名度,这些多出来的交易量也会给alpaca-busd的lp提供更多利润。

3、做空短期会压低价格,但是长期来看借币做空实际是利多的,因为他需要不断支付利息,而利息是买成alpaca的,也就是说要不断买入alpaca,而且等他平空的时候,是需要买入alpaca来偿还贷款的,这一买一卖长期来看其实对价格没有影响反而多出来支付利息购买的羊驼。

4、3x借alpaca可以吸引更多人farm,为羊驼提供更好的深度和流动性,也能为没有锁仓的alpaca提供更高的利息。

5、即便短期价格下跌,也能回购销毁更多的alpaca,alpaca目前价格其实对协议影响不大,大多数持币者都是长期投资者,我们看重的是下一个牛市,而对目前的价格波动不是那么在意,现在开放3x会为下个牛市做好铺垫,一起在下个牛市变富!

10 Likes

great.虽然不清楚,但是nasa经验老道,支持

1 Like

I think this is a good suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. It’s basically the same stuff some people said a year ago when we limited borrowing ALPACA to 2x. However, I disagree now as I did then. I’ll address your points one by one.

1. Many people use DeFi instead of Binance because Binance has KYC and/or is centralized. I’m not aware of an on-chain option to short ALPACA.

2. Volatility may attract short-term traders to provide trading fees on CEXes which wouldn’t bring any benefits to us. These traders are not investors. What volatility will do is detract serious investors.

3. If they want to farm ALPACA, they can open a long position and pay interest as you said, or a neutral position. If someone is opening a short position, they are betting on and reinforcing the dropping price of ALPACA. I don’t see a good enough reason to allow this. In the view of market participants, it’s like helping your enemy to damage you. Saying they will eventually close positions isn’t useful because they can push down the price and force liquidations on long positions. This could create opportunities for bad actors.

4. It would only attract shorters to farm. The added interest would be trivial relative to the potential effect on price. If you disagree, I’d like to see numbers proving that.

5. I don’t agree that the current price of ALPACA has little effect, implying we shouldn’t care about it.

5 Likes