[AIP - 1] Handling of the unclaimed ITAM rewards

Following the discussion re. handling of unclaimed ITAM rewards in the two thread below:

I would like to move the discussion forward to the next step in the process. Based on the feedback receives, below is the AlP I would like to propose. After discussion and feedback, this will be put to a vote by the community.

Summary:

[Please refer to the threads above]

Voting Options:
I propose 3 voting options below. The reason for option2 and option3 is that the liquidity for ITAM pool is low relative to our holding size. A large trade will cause a significant price impact. That being said, there is no guaranteed that there will be liquidity to trade out of ITAMCUBE in the future.

Option1.) Sell 100% ITAM into ALPACA. Allow for additional 12 months for claiming. Any unclaimed ALPACA after 12 months will be burned.

Option2.) Sell 50% ITAM into ALPACA. Convert 50% into ITAMCUBE. Allow for additional 12 months for claiming. Any unclaimed ALPACA will be burned. Any unclaimed ITAMCUBE will be swapped into ALPACA and burned.

Option3.) Convert 100% of ITAM into ITAMCUBE. Allow for additional 12 months for claiming. Any unclaimed ITAMCUBE after 12 months will be swapped into ALPACA and burned.

9 Likes

In my opinion the first option is the best one, because we have no idea what will be with ITAMCUBE tokens and how they will be distributed

For option #1, what will be the selling strategy? Are we open to the idea of selling on a CEX?

If we want to go the DEX only route, selling everything all at once will result in a 50% price impact, we obviously do not want that. I think we need to discuss how much of a price impact we are willing to accept/how patient we can be in order to reduce price impact.

If selling on a CEX is accepted, we could convert all ITAM to ITAMCUBE and sell on MEXC. There is currently 4.59M USDT of daily volume on the ITAMCUBE/USDT pair. They allow withdrawals to BSC for a minimal fee (2 USDT).

Going the MEXC route is a little more involved for the core team but would result in the best possible outcome for the protocol.

I propose a fourth voting option:

Option4.) Convert 100% of ITAM into ITAMCUBE. Sell for USDT on MEXC. Convert USDT to ALPACA on BSC. Any unclaimed ALPACA after 12 months will be burned.

Option1.) Sell 100% ITAM into ALPACA. Allow for additional 12 months for claiming. Any unclaimed ALPACA after 12 months will be burned.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked at the orderbook on MEXC for ITAMCUBE. While the daily trading volume is high, the visible order book is not that deep and we are looking at 20% spread. I would like to make a slight adjustment to your option4 to also take advantage of the remaining available liquidity of ITAM on PancakeSwap.

Option4.) Convert 90% of ITAM into ITAMCUBE. Sell for USDT on MEXC. Convert USDT to ALPACA on BSC. Remaining 10% of ITAM will be converted to ALPACA using liquidity on PCS. Any unclaimed ALPACA after 12 months will be burned.

I’m going to vote option 1, I don’t think holding ITAM CUBE is better than holding ALPACA.

2 Likes

I agree, they basically grew and are now at the very top, and we basically only fell and now it is possible at the bottom … we have a higher growth potential

1 Like

i support Option1 ,Sell 100% ITAM into ALPACA. Allow for additional 12 months for claiming. Any unclaimed ALPACA after 12 months will be burned.

1 Like

I agree with your adjustment and I think we should take it a little further and use the liquidity of both markets to their fullest potential.

If we are willing to accept a 20% price impact, we could sell (as of now) as much as 200k ITAM on PCS. That would make the split 80%/20% in favor of MEXC.

1 Like

What would be the final slippage spread with that mix?
In any case I vote for option 1.
I would opt for a 20% slippage today then a “whatever it may happen with ITAMCUBE in the future”

At this point this slippage will be so high it might be better to go with option #2.

Hello everyone. This AIP is now put up for a vote on Snapshot.

https://snapshot.org/#/alpacafinance.eth/proposal/0x70ffa16b249f4088162ebd7d3149d50440bd2b2659169d4e61be0e8791e4e49a

Please go ahead and exercise your voting rights! You will have until 11:59PM March 2nd to vote.

1 Like