Would ALPACA holders consider gambling them?

Hi there!
I’m Romuald, CEO of BetSwirl.
We’d like to share a proposition and get the community’s voice, feedback and opinions.

Summary

Use gaming to add a revenue stream on top of another $ALPACA utility.

Abstract

Listing $ALPACA on BetSwirl would allow $ALPACA holders to try their luck on the games. On each won bet, part of the house edge would be distributed to benefit the Alpaca tokenomics (burn, boost farm APR, airdrop…).

Overview

1. Alpaca would deposit an amount of $ALPACA on the bankroll, being owner of it: deposit, withdraw, risk rate, house edge harvesting, min bet amount, Chainlink VRF v2 subscription owner, Chainlink Keepers to automate the house edge harvest. With a bankroll of 10k$ worth of ALPACA, the max payout (bet amount + profit) at a 2% risk (based on our simulation there’s unlikely of bankrupt at this risk), would be 200$ per bet, which means a revenue for Alpaca of 3.5$ worth of ALPACA (considering 50% house edge for Alpaca).
  2. Alpaca to configure the min bet amount on each games.
  3. Alpaca would receive an income based on the volume of won bets, that could be used to burn, boost pool APR, transfer to your treasury, or your idea?

Motivation

People like to play and try new games, even if the house has the edge (we’ll add skilled and PVP games in the future) on the current BetSwirl’s games (Dice and Coin Toss) on the long run, it adds a utility to each token.

References

Titano.finance and Sphere.finance decided to use BetSwirl’s games to add another gaming utility to their token, but most importantly a revenue stream used to boost their burning routine, so far:

• 15M $TITANO burned (~47K$) - from the 3rd of June to the 20th.
  • 1.4M $SPHERE burned (~8K$) - from the 14th of June to the 20th.

That might sounds over simplified but we’d like to get your general opinion about “enable gambling ALPACA” and “utility for Alpaca’s tokenomics”.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Romuald, and BetSwirl’s team.

2 Likes

Do you need a $alpaca deposit before hand or will you buy the $alpaca needed to reward winners? If yes, how much?
Is the burn amount send to an wallet (owned by Alpaca) or automated in the contract?

I’m not interested in gambling in general.

• Yes, $ALPACA should be deposited. I exposed an example of the amount on the first point of the Overview
  • The Alpaca profit will be send to an account owned by Alpaca.

i do not think that is a good idea

I think this is a esay games to be created. It is not very hard to achieve it. So if team want to do this, they can put it in alpies game in Q4, it is not nescessary to go to another platform to do it.

We can customize the games with Alpies around. Maybe Alpies holders would love to use their Alpies somewhere to get additional benefits (reduced $BANANA house edge, rakeback, reduced min bet amount…)?
For now we are working on adoption/stability/bizdev, then we do have a roadmap of games, please check it out.

Full details of the offers are now available on this page:

Let us know if you’d like the rationals on how we think it fit well on Alpaca’s ecosystem.